Deacon Dr. Fresh Wine Newsletter

A Wine Newsletter With An Edge - Definitely NOT your typical white bread, mofo, cracker, peckerwood, jank, peckercracker wine newsletter! If this info is too advanced for you, check out my other newsletter: Wine for Dix at http://winefordix.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

World's Lurchest Wine Writer - The Gangsta of the Grape - The Sultan of Shiraz - The Buccaneer of Burgundy - The Prince of Pinot Noir - Yellow Tail's Bane - Locus of the Ladies' Focus - Wielder of the trousered Hammer of Thor - I have arrived to rescue the wine world from overly-serious, rigid, deconstructionist, rooster juice peckerwoods who'd never dream of gettin' a tattoo or crackin' a smile. I am without a doubt, the smartest, funniest and toughest sumbitch in the entire wine industry. And I aint goin' away. All disputes will be settled bare-knuckled in the Octagon. You heard me. Oh, and by the way...Bite me crank!

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Only 2 Weeks to the Ontario Wine Awards! Get Ready...

Happy Easter to all my Dear Frenz and Fanz!

Do you realize it's only 2 weeks to the ultra-lurch Ontario Wine Awards that your Humble Deacon is gonna co-host with the Dean of Wine, Tony Aspler? This is your chance of a lifetime to meet and greet the Deacon and have your picture taken with His Excellency, decked out in full regalia!

After the ceremonies and dinner, it's wine, wine and more wine, and then off we go to "visit" and "converse" with the locals in Niagara on the Lake (last years' fun and frivolities shown in photograph). So polish up your finest blade and practice your chokes cause it's gonna be AWESOME!

And no, I didn't forget my usual hilarious greeting to all you dolphin wagglin', Calomine prepuce paintin', sugar glidin' Titus Andronicus semi-professional cartographers out there who tune in like a frickin' cesium clock whenever your Deacon puts electrons to screen!

Bite my javelin!


Next week we got an important upcoming event: No less a kwality personage than Colorado's mega wine-babe, Jennifer "Chotzi" Rosen is gonna be visitin' with the Deacon for an exclusive interview, so stay tuned for that one.

I got a couple of emails this week from huge fanz axin' me how they can tune in to my personally selected radio station, so here's how...Just click on the link and it will take you to my 24/7, zero commercial, and totally free Deacon Radio. It's fantastically relaxin' at home and perfect for the workplace!

Now to the Deacon's Male Bag:

Dear Dr. Fresh: I keep hearing about Malbec. What's the deal? Always a fan.
David Hepple, Tonawanda, New York

Yo Dave! Call me Deacon. Good question...Malbec is one of the official Bordeaux grapes, but came into its own when it got planted in South America, expeshully Argentina. It's fallen into decline in much of France, where it's can be a pretty austere style. In Argentina it makes a fantastically lush, dark and fruity wine that ages well too. Y'all get some! It's a real bargain. And try one of the Patagonian variants if you can find it.

Yo Deacon: I'm into splashing down at that Ontario Wine Awards event. How do I get tickets for the dinner and wine? Love your stuff!
- Virgil "Gus" Grissom, Plot: Section 3, Lot 2503-E, Grid Q-15/16, Arlington, Virginia

Greetings Gus! Here's the number:

Call Sandy Kurbis 416-398-3335. She'll take care of you and tell you where to park your capsule.

You heard me.

Deacon Dr. Fresh
Because the countdown has begun...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Deacon Dr. Fresh Wine Newsletter