Deacon Dr. Fresh Wine Newsletter

A Wine Newsletter With An Edge - Definitely NOT your typical white bread, mofo, cracker, peckerwood, jank, peckercracker wine newsletter! If this info is too advanced for you, check out my other newsletter: Wine for Dix at http://winefordix.blogspot.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

World's Lurchest Wine Writer - The Gangsta of the Grape - The Sultan of Shiraz - The Buccaneer of Burgundy - The Prince of Pinot Noir - Yellow Tail's Bane - Locus of the Ladies' Focus - Wielder of the trousered Hammer of Thor - I have arrived to rescue the wine world from overly-serious, rigid, deconstructionist, rooster juice peckerwoods who'd never dream of gettin' a tattoo or crackin' a smile. I am without a doubt, the smartest, funniest and toughest sumbitch in the entire wine industry. And I aint goin' away. All disputes will be settled bare-knuckled in the Octagon. You heard me. Oh, and by the way...Bite me crank!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

William Shatner Invades Niagara!

Reuters News Service, Niagara-on-the-Lake
November 15th, 2006.

Where no man has gone before...

In a surprising career move, William Shatner, AKA "Captain James T. Kirk" has begun buying up vineyards and wineries on St. David's Bench and further down the Niagara Escarpment. So far two of the smaller wineries have fallen under Shatner's relentless financial pressure, Williamswood Estate Winery and Misty Meadows Family Winery. Both wineries have produced critically acclaimed red wines in the past, including Cabernet Franc and in the case of Misty Meadows, an award winning VQA Pinot Noir in the Burgundian style. However, a couple of bad winters has decimated both vineyards, sending them into receivership.

"I'm helping out Niagara" said Shatner in a telephone interview from his suite at the Queen's Landing Hotel. "I love Canada, and I'll always be a Canadian at heart. I've never given up my Canadian roots. After all, I was born in Montreal and I've been a Montreal Maple Leafs fan all my life. Canada's fantastic! It's just that the US is much much better. America gives me the women and the lifestyle I deserve and the money I need for my newest venture; buying up wineries and uniting them under one Federation banner!"

Indeed, it would appear that Shatner intends to continue his expansion. With his phasers locked on several Niagara Wineries, he appears to be moving towards massive consolidation of his power. "I want to own the Niagara Escarpment! I'm going to own it all!" he gloated. "Then all the grapes from all the vineyards will be mashed together into one uniform and equal juice. Then we'll begin bottling Federation Wine under the Star Trek logo!"

"He's a bastard" said Misty Meadows' Tom Fieldstone. "That's all there is to it. He's a complete bastard." The Williamswood Family could not be reached for comment. Emotions are running hot in the Niagara Region though. Henry of Pelham's Daniel Speck attended the press briefing and was heard to shout "Beam this up, Kirk!", flinging a bottle of Baco Noir, which narrowly missed Shatner's head. Equally angry was Coyote's Run Estate Winery's Jeff Aubry who says he's not above organizing "a small but violent group of vigilantes" who will "kick Kirk's ass back to Rigel 4!"

On another note, the LCBO has stated in a press release that they will "gladly stock and enthusiastically promote any wine that this great Canadian Icon produces!"

More as this story develops...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"For God sakes Jim, I'm a doctor - not a winemaker"!
What the hell is that man thinking!

Cheers

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Deacon Dr. Fresh Wine Newsletter